Saturday, February 18, 2012

Welcome!

Hello world! Welcome to f/8 and Get Yourself Out There! This is a blog that will explore the world of photography. A little about myself, the blogger, before I get into detail about the topics my blog will explore: My name is Alyssa, and I am a senior at CSU, Chico. I am studying Communication Design and Anthropology. Communication Design is a specialized major combining all of the aspects of design I am interested in, including photography, film, television, radio, the web, and social media. I chose to also study Anthropology as culture and the way people respond to culture have a direct impact on the topics I study through Communication Design. I have been actively practicing photography since high school. I started out with a hand-me-down film Canon from my parents, and have since then upgraded to a pretty sweet Canon Rebel T1i, that I sometimes refer to as my infant child (I might love it more than I would love an infant child). I've taken many photography classes to help me hone my skill, and even worked as a professional photographer for a while. My professional photography experience taught me as much, if not more, than all of my classes thus far have. I love it!
Moving on to the main focus of my blog. This blog will explore many topics of photography, but will mainly focus on how YOU, a photographer (whether just starting out or seasoned), can use the internet, specifically social media, to gain inspiration, insight, and most importantly, GET YOURSELF OUT THERE! The internet is a broad and vast land filled with ways for budding photographers, budding photography businesses, and anyone with an interest in photography at all, to network yourself and your talents. I hope you are as excited about this blog as I am! I can't wait to show you how you can make an impact on this world with your photography!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyssa. Social media provides so many great opportunities to explore and share photography. Get yourself out there is a great message! I am really looking forward to reading your blog as it evolves. - Jon

    ReplyDelete